Temasek launches Americas Advisory Panel
New York, 16 June 2016 – Singapore-based investment company Temasek has launched the Temasek Americas Advisory Panel (TAAP). The TAAP comprises pre-eminent business leaders with deep experience, insights and perspectives on significant industry, economic, social and political trends, with a focus on the Americas. Its inaugural meeting was held on 14-15 June 2016 in New York.
Together with the Temasek European Advisory Panel, established in January 2016, the TAAP will complement the Temasek International Panel in providing Temasek with regular access and engagement with experts on issues relevant to its activities across key markets.
Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, President and Head, Americas, said, “As Temasek increases our presence across the Americas, our TAAP members will provide us with the benefit of their experience and insights as we seek opportunities against the backdrop of an increasingly challenging global macro environment.”
“I would like to welcome all our distinguished members to the Panel, and look forward to the sharing of perspectives as we continue to explore opportunities and build on our investment activities regionally,” he continued.
The Temasek Americas Advisory Panel comprises:
- David M. Cote, Chairman and CEO, Honeywell International Inc.
- Ellen J. Kullman, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, DuPont
- Prof Richard C. Levin, CEO, Coursera Inc.
- Indra K. Nooyi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Dr Ronald D. Sugar, Former Chairman and CEO, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Alberto Weisser, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Bunge Limited
- Timothy F. Geithner, President, Warburg Pincus LLC (former United States Secretary of the Treasury). Mr Geithner also serves as Chair of the TAAP.
- END -
Incorporated in 1974, Temasek is an investment company based in Singapore, with a US$194 billion (S$266 billion) portfolio as at 31 March 2015.
Temasek's portfolio covers a broad spectrum of sectors: financial services; telecommunications, media & technology; transportation & industrials; consumer & real estate; energy & resources; life sciences & agriculture. Its investment themes reflect Temasek’s perspectives on long term trends:
- Transforming Economies;
- Growing Middle Income Populations;
- Deepening Comparative Advantages; and
- Emerging Champions
Temasek’s compounded annualised Total Shareholder Return since inception in 1974 is 16% in Singapore Dollar terms, or 17% in US Dollar terms.
The company has had a corporate credit rating of AAA/Aaa since its inaugural credit rating in 2004, by rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's respectively.
Temasek has offices in 10 cities around the world, including three in the Americas: São Paulo and Mexico City in Latin America; and New York. The other offices are in Asia, including China and India, and in Europe (London).
For more information on Temasek, please visit www.temasek.com.sg
For the latest Temasek Review, please visit www.temasekreview.com.sg